My baby turned 5 today!

I'm so not ready for this! I swear she just learned how to walk, and I was waiting impatiently for the day that she could speak in sentences (now I occasionally wish she would be quiet for just a few minutes).

I love my little Princess so very much! She frustrates me at time, but I wouldn't give up one minute of the time I've been privileged to spend with her.

She's definitely a little girl now, and no longer a baby, but I suppose that's the way it's supposed to be. She amazes me with her amazing ability to comprehend what's going on around her, her sympathetic and compassionate nature, and her crazy photographic memory. I can't wait (well, yes, I can) to see how much she grows and changes in the next 5 years.


These days, she loves to sing, dance, and do any form of arts and crafts. She's waiting impatiently for the day that mommy and daddy can afford to put her in a dance class (I just need to get some portrait clients *sigh*). She loves her baby sister with all her heart, and she helps me take care of her any way I'll let her.

She knows all the letters of the alphabet and can write them all down. She can read a few words by sight, and she can also write her name as well as "mom" and "dad."

She's still very much a daddy's girl, but she loves mommy, too. She LOVES to have "adventures" outside, and would spend all day outdoors if it were possible (too bad mommy hates the sun and Sparky is a red-head who's too young to wear sunscreen).

I asked her a few questions today so that I could write them down to look at later.

It makes me happy when: It's my birthday and I got $5 in my birthday card. It also makes me happy when me and mommy and daddy talk about silly things.

It makes me laugh when: Daddy tickles me (and it's the most infectious laugh in the whole world!).

My favorite toy is: My birthday toys.

My favorite movie is: My "Pound Puppies" movie and "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." I also still love "Finding Nemo."

When I grow up, I want to be: A pirate, a rock star, an artist, and a person that makes things (like stamps).

My favorite food is: Oranges.

My favorite colors are: Pink, purple, and green.

My favorite TV shows are: Batman, Spiderman, and Dora the Explorer

My favorite memory is: The time we went to the butterfly pavilion in Colorado.

Kacie  – (October 20, 2008 at 10:59 AM)  

Hey Shallyse its Sarah.. I can't believe she is 5 I remember my first class with george "photography" he brought in the cutest little pictures of this 2 year old with big blues I can't believe how much she has changed and grown we love her tell her that we all said happy birthday a card is in the mail :)

AshleeMattMaxJack  – (October 20, 2008 at 11:11 AM)  

Happy Birthday Princess!! I didn't know that they were a day apart either. Crazy how both of our kiddos are so close in age!! I think I might steal your idea of these questions, that was so fun to read! And I am VERY proud that 2 of her favorite shows are about superheroes :)

Me and my boys  – (October 20, 2008 at 2:14 PM)  

Wow, I can't believe she's five! Happy birthday sweet girl! She looks like such a little girl and not much of a baby anymore in that image too.

La-  – (October 20, 2008 at 6:55 PM)  

ahhha i CANNOT believe how grown she is getting... what a doll baby!!

La-

Chipper62  – (October 20, 2008 at 7:24 PM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
G-pa "Clover"  – (October 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM)  

Hey there Seeshe(I know you hate that but I'm taking a fathers privilege). What a great idea to ask and record those questions of our "Pookey Bear". Welcome to the wonderful world of parent hood. It's so exciting to watch our kids grow up and become real people but at the same time, it's a bitter sweet experience as we watch our special ones grow and change. Unfortunately, time will only move faster from now on. Cherish every moment you can with them.

Let Pookey Bear know that one of my most favorite memories is the one I have of the Butterfly Pavilon as well. Give her a great big hug for me. I love you guys.

esianoyam3  – (October 20, 2008 at 9:07 PM)  

Thanks for making me cry, mom and dad. I've done mostly okay today - until I read what you wrote! :P

Chipper62  – (October 21, 2008 at 9:18 PM)  

Tell the princess that the Butterfly Pavillion is one of Grandma & Grandpa's favorite memories also, we were so amazed when she was willing to hold Rosie the tarantula in her very own hands. She is our amazing little pookie bear.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP