Caramel Apples

The Princess and I went grocery shopping on Saturday, and it's the time of year when Kraft strategically places their bags of caramel near the apples in the produce section. She was already begging for apples, and when she saw the caramel, she managed to convince me that we *needed* caramel apples. I decided to comply.

So we made caramel apples last night. She stayed up WAY past her bedtime because we started too late and she couldn't sleep without tasting an apple. But it was the night before her birthday, and I'm a softie.

A lot of the images have a bit of a cross-processed look. It's on purpose. I think I've been watching too much SNL lately - it seems to be their favorite method of post processing the images of the host that they show during the commercial breaks. Anyway, I like how it looks, and I've been having fun playing with Michele Black's Photoshop actions.

We started too late to use the crockpot (to keep the temperature of the caramel below nuclear level and therefore safe for a preschooler to help with), so she didn't get to help with dipping the apples, but she had a lot of fun unwrapping all the caramels.






Yes, she really does pose like this. No, I don't prompt her to pose like this.



Trying to wait patiently for the caramel to finish melting.


The finished product. We didn't have any sprinkles (or "sparkles" as she calls them), so we had to settle for peanuts, instead.



I got the bright idea to cover the rest of the apples with chocolate. I somehow ruined the first batch of chocolate, and I gave up after the first batch of white chocolate didn't turn out, but they still look pretty yummy!

AshleeMattMaxJack  – (October 20, 2008 at 9:42 AM)  

I love the pic of the princess waiting for the caramel to melt. That is very sweet!!

The Gentry Family  – (October 20, 2008 at 9:47 AM)  

Cute! You are such a fun mom. I love that she poses like that...guess that's what happens when your mom is a photographer...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP