Best Fajitas EVER!!

I love fajitas. I don't like paying for them at restaurants. :) Since I made the mistake of leaving out the entire Costco-sized bag of chicken (after intending to only take out 3 pieces for dinner), I've had to get through a LOT of chicken this week. I decided to marinate a bunch of it in a chili lime sauce, and then pan seared it and we had fajitas tonight. They were so good I wanted to cry. Seriously - better than any restaurant fajitas I've ever eaten.

Here's the recipe for the Chili Lime Chicken - it's great by itself, but it's also good in fajitas, and I think it would be wonderful in a salad, as well. I have 3 more chicken breasts marinate that I have to cook up tonight, and I'll be freezing it to eat later.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons green onions, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all the ingredients except the chicken in a plastic bag. Seal the bag, and mush everything together to combine. Add chicken to the bag and toss to coat. Allow to marinate at least 3 hours.

The recipe says the chicken should be grilled, but we pan seared it, and it was really moist and yummy.

For the fajitas, I just cooked up some onions, mushrooms, and red peppers. We heated up the tortillas, added a little cheese, and had a really easy, delicious dinner.

Brian and Ashley  – (March 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM)  

that sounds so good! I definitely will be trying this recipe!

The Thomas Family  – (March 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM)  

Ahhaaha! So good you wanted to cry-- I LOVE that. I'm a huge tex-mex fan. I'll make them soon!!

The Gentry Family  – (March 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM)  

MMM...I will have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

Marci  – (March 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM)  

Mmm--sounds delish! Cute blog--stumbled upon it via C Jane--I'll visit again!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP