Silhouettes

I’ve wanted to create a silhouette wall in my house for quite a while, but never got around to taking pictures of the girls to make it happen. I finally captured a good shot of each of them, and I’m so excited to share these! Aren’t they adorable?!?! Now we just need a silhouette of Sasquatch and me, and maybe we can actually get some framed art on our living room walls.

I’m still debating on when to create a silhouette of Sasquatch – right now, his hair is down to his shoulders because he’s growing it out for Locks of Love again. It can’t hurt to take a picture and see if his silhouette looks weird with long hair (I like his hair long, but I don’t know how it will look in a blacked-out silhouette) – if it does, his hair should be long enough to cut pretty soon. Do you think the damask background works for all of us, or should I find something more masculine for Sasquatch’s silhouette?

The goal will be to create a new silhouette of everyone each January. It should be fun to see how much the girls change each year.

PrincessSilhouette 

SparkySilhouette

The Gentry Family  – (January 15, 2010 at 11:42 AM)  

LOVE THEM! I have been wanting to make some for my kids for a long time. I got as far as taking the profile pics of each of them...

The Hiatt's  – (January 15, 2010 at 12:05 PM)  

If the goal is to take one every January, then take one of George anyway. It's what he looks like in January. Also, if you don't like the photo, you don't have to use it. By the ways, these are fun. I like them. So does dad.

Windthicket Fables  – (January 15, 2010 at 12:40 PM)  

Oh, I LOVE sillhouettes! My mom used to get them done of us every year. (She knew a lady who would just have us stand there, and she'd cut them out without even looking at the paper. Very talented.) I also love the Damask background. I'm totally going to copy you. !!!

esianoyam3  – (January 15, 2010 at 2:18 PM)  

Go ahead and copy away - I got the idea from Nie Nie's blog. :)

Unknown  – (January 15, 2010 at 3:55 PM)  

Way cool, awesome. That's more stuff on Grandma Rosie's wish list.

Chipper62  – (January 15, 2010 at 4:34 PM)  

They are totally awesome, it will be fun to see how everyone changes every year.

AshleeMattMaxJack  – (January 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM)  

Oh I am so proud of you!! I have wanted to do these since I saw them on Nie's blog!! They look so great!

SarahMayberry  – (January 20, 2010 at 7:26 AM)  

Awesome im going to take the pics tonight i hope i can find some old frames to put them in DI here i come :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP