First Day of Kindergarten

Whether or not I'm ready for it, The Princess is now in Kindergarten.

She missed the cutoff by three days last year, so she's more than ready for school. She's already reading and writing (although they didn't tell us how she did on her assessment), and she's thrilled to have the social interaction.

The first (and second) day went really well. She had trouble sleeping the night before (adrenaline/nerves/baby sister who was screaming for hours), and didn't have much of an appetite for the fancy breakfast her dad made for her, but she had a lot of fun at school. And being in school all day has helped with her behavior at home, as well (knock on wood).

I was apparently a bad mommy on the first day - the temperature dropped to the 70's, and "all the other kids" had jackets while she had to fend for herself in capris and a t-shirt. I suppose the heat and humidity has already thinned her blood and she's turned into a cool weather wimp. I was LOVING the "cooler" temperatures yesterday and didn't even think of having her take a jacket. She insisted on wearing one to school today in order to be like everyone else. I guess we haven't done our job teaching her that it's okay to be different.

Here are a couple of snapshots - she's sporting the spiffy new backpack that she picked out all by herself.




AshleeMattMaxJack  – (September 1, 2009 at 8:23 PM)  

I LOVE that me, you, and Kristen all have cute little ones starting Kindergarten at the same time!
She looks SO OLD! And cute!!
Was it hard to let her go?
Did you cry?
I got a little teary-eyed at Max's assessment this morning...
Ah... Thursday is creeping up on me!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP