The Princess' Fool-Proof Weight Loss Plan

Apparently I need to be more careful about what I say around my eldest daughter. She's already catching onto the the "I'm too fat" statements I make about myself. I definitely don't want to give her any body issues (the media is perfectly capable of taking care of that for me), so I guess it's time to start speaking about myself in a more positive light. DH will appreciate that... Here's a conversation The Princess had with her dad at breakfast time today.

During breakfast, DH was making PB&J sandwiches, and had both creamy and crunchy peanut butter on the table. Trying to decide which peanut butter she wanted, The Princess said, "The crunchy peanut butter has less fat than the creamy. So I think I'm going to eat the crunchy peanut butter from now on, because I'm trying to get into better shape."

Later in the meal, The Princess was reading the peanut butter jar. She turned to DH and asked, "What is S-A-T fat?"

DH: "Saturated fat."

The Princess: "Crunchy has sixteen saturated fats... I think that's okay... I can handle sixteen because it won't make my hips get bigger."

DH had to work really hard not to laugh out loud. He told me he's never been so grateful for having so much peanut butter in his sandwiches - he had to stuff half a sandwich in his mouth so that she wouldn't think he was laughing at her.

Crystal and Brad Barger  – (August 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM)  

That is SO funny! It is definitely something we, as girls, get caught up in sometimes. It is hard...kids really do pick up on everything we say.

Amanda Goldsmith  – (August 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM)  

Oh Goodness she is to smart! What a little nut. I can't imagine what she will be bringing home from school with how well she listens. EEK!!!!

TheNuttalls  – (August 31, 2009 at 8:34 AM)  

Way to go Princess. Isn't she the best. Yes little ones remember everything and repeat it at the wrong times.

Unknown  – (August 31, 2009 at 10:42 AM)  

Not that it was hard or unusual for DH to put half the sandwich in his mouth - but he spreads the PB about 1/2" thick. I hope he had milk handy. I don't know if you were like that as a child, but DH sure was, way too smart for his parents' good.

Jim G 333  – (September 25, 2009 at 4:23 AM)  

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I think both the Princess & her Mom couldn't be more beautiful than they already are... and always will be. This Daddy/Daughter peanut butter sandwich encounter reminded me of a song I recently heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ks3R2BwyO0

In case the link above doesn't work, the song title is, "A More Beautiful You", by Jonny Diaz...

Love you! dadgee

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP