Sparky's Birthday

Sparky turned one on the 7th. I can't believe it's been a year already! I swear we just brought her home last week!

Her birthday was pretty uneventful. We decided to hang out at home, and took her for a walk in the evening (her favorite thing to do!). I made a cake, which she hated.

Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Rosie, Uncle Joe, and Jimmy (and Lizzy and Seth) for the birthday gifts. She's having a blast with them (when The Princess lets her play with them without "helping").

I took a few pictures to commemorate the day (and the epic failure of a birthday cake). :)


She was interested in the cake in the beginning...



But she didn't really like the feeling when her fingers got dirty...




We figured she'd at least like the icing... I don't think we'll try pink icing again - store bought pink icing tastes like red food coloring. Gross!



Not a fan...



Tried to get her to enjoy playing with the cake. How often are babies given free reign to get filthy? We figured she'd love it...



Not so much...



After that, I tried giving her a bite of the cake (instead of the icing). Bad idea! She almost tossed her cookies all over the table. I guess my kids just aren't a fan of cake until they get older.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP