No "Good Mommy" Awards for Me

The other day, I could hear a tell tale creaking coming from The Princess' room, in addition to the usual radio blaring (she constantly has music playing in her room). She was listening to Abba - she loves the song Mamma Mia, probably from all the movie previews. :)

What was the creaking sound? Well, she doesn't have the world's strongest bed. Based on the noise, I knew that she must be jumping upon the poorly-constructed contraption.

What should I have done? A good mommy would go into her child's bedroom and sternly remind her of the lesson learned in the book "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." The well-behaved child would have been able to relate, because it's one of her favorite bed time stories.

What did I do? I told her to wait for a minute while I put a new memory card in my camera. After I set up the flash, I told her to start jumping again. Wanna see the proof that I'm a bad mommy? Here's the evidence.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't worry - my "bad mommyness" doesn't extend to allowing my children to write on the walls wherever they wish. The top part of the wall in the background is covered in dry-erase material and the bottom half is purple chalkboard paint (yep, it comes in colors now - how cool is that?!?).

Photobucket

Photobucket

AshleeMattMaxJack  – (November 30, 2008 at 10:48 AM)  

You are a "Good Mommy" because you grabbed your camera and didn't yell and scream. I LOVE it!! I would've done the same thing!!!

La-  – (November 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM)  

VERY COOL! those are fun shots... and what a big girl she is getting to be!!

La-

G-pa "Clover"  – (November 30, 2008 at 4:31 PM)  

I have finally found some time to read the ongoing "Adventures in Munchkinland". The photo's are wonderful. Again your talents are showing and I am so greatful that you were blessed with the intelligence, patience and quick thinking to get some wonderful photos of my "Pookie-Bear"(boy I miss her). I am so sorry that she had a little mishap but you couldn't have been at a better place for it to happen. It's nice to know that there is still some kindness in this world.

Bumps and bruises - a small price to pay for two wonderful and precious gifts. Hang in there.

Was the all night sleeping a fluke or is our beautiful little "Fireball" sleeping all night know?

I love you guys,

G-pa Clover

Brian and Ashley  – (December 1, 2008 at 9:24 AM)  

Lol I think these pictures where the cutiest thing ever! Man I sure so love you! I think every mom should do the same thing as you!

esianoyam3  – (December 1, 2008 at 9:29 PM)  

Nope - the sleeping through the night thing was a fluke. Although she's managed a 6-hour stretch the last couple nights. We'll get there eventually.

Tara  – (December 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP