Puppy Love

When Sparky went to Utah with her daddy a few weeks ago she stole adopted a stuffed puppy from Grandma Rosie’s house. This puppy has now become a fixture in Sparky’s life. She insists on taking it to bed with her, and won’t allow you to remove her from her crib until she’s secured the puppy in a death grip snuggle to carry him around the house while she fully awakens. Thank you, Grandma Rosie (and Aunt Lizzy) for allowing a nice Valentine’s gift to become the new best friend of our little redheaded girl.

DSC_9133bw 

I really couldn’t decide between color and black and white on this one. I love the contrast of her red hair and pink shirt in the color version, but I adore the vintage look of the black and white. I wouldn’t trust the black and white version to print correctly (for some reason, most brown-toned prints end up with a purple tint when they’re printed), but I think it’s adorable online.

DSC_9132a

DSC_9132abw

Unknown  – (February 13, 2010 at 2:22 PM)  

The princess and sparky are so different yet so the same it's amazing to watch them grow.
The other night I was putting sparky in bed, and the puppy was at her feet. Before I could get it, she used her feet and pulled it to her arms, then rolled onto her side to snuggle with it. Princess was very capable with her feet, too.
Love the pictures, but I'm a bit biased.

Sarah  – (February 13, 2010 at 5:46 PM)  

Ok that 2nd picture of sparky, in color, is my favorite picture of her i have ever seen! PUT THAT UP ON A WALL!! I LOVE it!!!

The Hiatt's  – (February 16, 2010 at 7:43 AM)  

I love the pictures!!! She is getting so big!!!

The Thomas Family  – (February 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM)  

That is SO SO SO cute! I love the description of her death grip. How nice... I always wished my kids would attach to something like that but they never have.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP