The Princess is Going "Old School"

The Princess and I were in the car the other day listening to one of the 4 not-so-great radio stations that can be picked up by our car's half-broken antenna.

"The Boys are Back in Town" began to play, and The Princess said, "Mommy, I really like this song." We listened to the song for a minute, and then her little voice piped up from the back seat, "Mommy, this song is old school, isn't it?"

Makes you feel old all of a sudden when your six-year-old starts telling you that music is "old school." At least she wasn't talking about Pearl Jam, or Korn, or Alanis Morisette. Although that's probably just because I don't have access to a radio station that plays them.

Speaking of old school, she came home from school the other day and was so excited to show me a "new" dance that she had learned. She then proceeded to perform the Macarena.

Windthicket Fables  – (March 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM)  

LOL. I have been teaching my kids the macarena! LOL at the 'old school' comment. I actually listen to a radio station here that refers to it'self as 'oldies' it plays a lot of queen, and a lot of everything else from the 50's up to the late 90's. I am SOOOOO not that old. Not to mention, finding toys I used to play with at antique stores, where they're labled 'vintage'- yeah...not cool.

The Hiatt's  – (March 10, 2010 at 12:14 AM)  

She mentioned old school, then proceeded to do the macarena? Uh, Isn't the Macarena kind of "old school" in itself? Just saying. :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP